Thurleigh Mill, situated about a quarter of a mile south-west of the church, last worked in 1917. The photograph, showing only three sails, was taken in 1923. This brick-built tower-mill had five floors above the ground. The sail shaft was of cast iron.
The tower-mill was erected about 1890 to replace the earlier postmill that had blown down and which was on a different site.
John Ward was miller in 1800 and Thomas Jefferies in 1848. His widow, Mary Ann Jefferies, took over in 1869, followed by her son, Benjamin Jefferies. Lastly, William Hebbes from 1898.